Statement of Educational Purpose
MELanguages School is a private School for adults, whose primary educational focus is providing quality English language tuition to non-native speakers of English in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment.
However, we also teach other Languages, such as French, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish. For many of our learners, their time with us is the first time they have travelled outside their countries, so we endeavour to make the experience a positive and encouraging one that will expand the learners’ linguistic, educational, intellectual, and social horizons.
Our aims are to:
- encourage learners to take possession of their learning,
- encourage the development of cross-cultural relationships,
- encourage learners to think critically and freely,
- facilitate the development of learners’ global (not purely English) communication skills,
- Encourage learners to engage in life-long learning.
- The following guiding principles are to be considered in the planning and execution of courses and lessons, and the selection of teaching materials, activities, methods, and methodologies.
- Teaching is about the development of the whole person.
- All learners are given equality of opportunity in learning.
- Teaching builds on learners’ strengths, interests and experiences.
- Learners are presented with a wide range of learning opportunities.
- Learners are presented with new challenges.
- Teaching reflects the learners’ place in the global community.